- The “Veles e Vents” building is the place I have chosen.
This is me practicing one of my favorites sports.
My quick sketch of the building.
A picture that I took to my friend.
QUESTIONS ABOUT THE PLACE:
- Why did you choose the place? I chose this place because the Port of Valencia is my favorite place in the city and I wanted to express those feelings through the most imposing building from there.
- What makes you comfortable? I have lived very special moments in there and I keep experiencing incredible moments with special people in that part of the city. I also usually practice my favorite sports in the Port of Valencia (Surf,Skateboard…) so that makes me feel very confortable in that place.
- There is some disruptive element? Probably the “Veles e Vents” building is pretty disruptive element. Although it is in accordance with the Port, it is a huge building that can not avoid attracting attention.
- Do you think you’d feel the same way in another space right now? I don’t think I could feel the same way anywhere, because, as I said before, it transmite me a very special vibes that I can’t find in any other place.
- Do you think that the conditions of this space influence its occupants? How? Yes, I definitely think that the conditions of this space influence its occupants, because it is a place where people usually go to chill and spend cool times with their family and friends, so I think that makes people to feel more relax, to enjoy the present and forget the bad vibes, at least for a while.
My reflection about the text “ATMOSPHERES”.
Reading this text I really felt very identified by the way he talks about architecture, how he looks the outside world with a completely different eyes from the other people because, as I said in the first survey that we did in class, I have been looking the world in different perspective from the usual one, so that makes me understand better the text that I read.
I think every single person in this world has their own perspective though, and specially architects. The architect is always trying not only to create but to innovate. He should make the clients feel something different inside of them while looking at his work, something special that will make the client to choose him.
As I understood, Peter Zumthor wrote this book as an architectural guide to make an architecturally successful work and for me, it was very interesting to read about what literally happens in an specific architect’s mind.